WATER BASED EPOXY SEALER
AT 107 is a two component water based epoxy Phenalkamine unpigmented sealer, binder used for sealing surfaces and providing a strong bond to difficult or improperly prepared surfaces.
• Can be applied to wet or damp surfaces free from running or ponding water
• Can be safely applied to freshly laid hardened (green) concrete
• Tolerant to improperly prepared surfaces
• Seals and binds dusty or loosely bound surfaces
• Has excellent adhesion to most substrates including brick, masonry, concrete block, concrete, compressed fibreboard, stone and timber
- Can be applied to wet or damp surfaces free from running or ponding water.
- Can be safely applied to freshly laid hardened (green) concrete.
- Consolidates weak or rain affected concrete surfaces to form a firm substrate for subsequent treatments.
- Has good penetration, even into fine grained substrates such as high strength concrete.
- Tolerant to improperly prepared surfaces.
- Seals and binds dusty or loosely bound surfaces.
- Has excellent adhesion to most substrates including brick, masonry, concrete block, concrete, compressed fibreboard, stone and timber.
- Non-flammable & negligible odour.
- Convenient equal-part mixing ratio.
- Water thinned and clean up.
- Safe to use in sensitive locations (e.g. around food or habitable areas).
- As a penetrating sealer to achieve bonding to high strength concrete or other fine textured surfaces.
- As a consolidation sealer for weak aged concrete prior to over coating with other covering or coating systems.
- As a bonding coating for surfaces where there is a risk of grease or oil in the surface.
- As a consolidation sealer for rain affected concrete to form a film substrate.
- As a waterproofing sealer for concrete, masonry, brickwork, fibre cement, plywood and particleboard in wet areas.
- As an industrial dust suppressant and sealer for warehouse and factory floors where colour is not critical.
- Should not be applied when the surface temperature is below 8ºC or above 35ºC or when the relative humidity is above 90%.
- The curing reaction of AT 107 will cease at temperatures below 8ºC and recommence slowly and get progressively faster as the temperature rises above 8ºC.
- Good ventilation should be provided, either naturally or artificially, during the drying and curing cycle.
- Is not stable under ultra-violet unless under water.
- Is only trafficable when used as a sealer.
- Do not sandwich water or solvent based adhesives between AT 107 (or any other waterproof membrane) and low permeability floor coverings. The covering should be sufficiently permeable to allow the water or solvent to escape through the covering. Use of cement based ceramic tile adhesives is satisfactory as the cement consumes the water in reaction.
When using as a penetrating sealer prior to application of other coatings care should be taken to only apply sufficient material as is required to penetrate the substrate. If a glazed surface results it should be sanded before proceeding with other coatings.
Alternatively, allow the AT 107 about 1½ hours to penetrate and overcoat with a thin coat of AT 108 Water Based Epoxy Membrane at a coverage rate of 10 square metres per litre.
All surfaces to treated should be structurally sound and thoroughly cleaned free form all surface contaminates. All existing coatings should be removed prior to the application of AT107 and the pores of the concrete opened as for as possible by high pressure water blasting or abrasive blast cleaning. All concrete curing membranes or form release agents must be thoroughly removed prior to application of AT 107.
Apply the Slurry compound on the surface using brush / roller .
Each component should be individually mixed to form homogeneous components then thoroughly mix the two components in the ratio of 1:1 by volume, preferably using a power stirrer, until a homogeneous mix is obtained. Only mix as much as may be used within the pot life of the product and avoid excessive aeration during mixing.
Once the components are mixed apply using brush, roller or spray application technique. When using brush or roller, work the product well into the surface. Take particular care not to apply excessive product as this will result in a film being formed over the surface, which will glaze and results in poor adhesion of subsequent coatings.
If a glazed surface results it must be sanded before proceeding with other coatings or adhesives.
To avoid obtaining this glazed surface, allow the AT 107 to penetrate for 60-90 minutes before applying a thin coat of CLI AT 108 Water Based Epoxy membrane at a coverage rate of 10 square metres per litre. when using as an industrial sealer and dust suppressant, two coats are normally required and it is preferable to apply the second coat after 60-90 minutes and in any event within the same day.
When applying as a bond coat to improperly prepared surfaces or surfaces that may have some grease or oil contamination, the surfaces should be first high pressure detergent washed and fresh water rinsed. The excess surface water should be removed using a squeegee and the WPM 200 applied immediately while the contaminates remain forced deep into the matrix of the substrate.
Thinning is not normally required other than for very fine grained substrates such as high strength concrete when the product may be thinned up to 20% with fresh clean water. Wash all equipment in water or water/detergent immediately on completion of work since AT 107 will cure underwater if equipment is left.
Part A : 10 Kg
Part B : 10 Kg
Red coloured transparent
Clear gloss, which darkens and goes to mat on aging
22 + 2%
1:1 (Part A / Part B) by volume
4 hours @ 25ºC
8 -14 m² / litre / coat depending on the porosity of the substrate
Typical no. of coats
1-2 depending on purpose of application
1½ hours @ 25ºC & 50% R.H.
7 days @ 25ºC & 50% R.H.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
AT 107 has a shelf life of 12 months when stored in original unopened container. Store in a dry place at 30°C. Protect liquid from frost, do not allow to freeze. Replace lid tightly after use.
AT 107 is classified as non-toxic, nonflammable and non-explosive. Avoid contact with skin and eyes and avoid breathing vapour or spray mist. Wear eye protection and protective gloves when mixing and using.
The technical details recommendations and other information contained in this data sheet are given in good faith and represent the best of our knowledge and experience at the time of printing. It is your responsibility to ensure that our products are used and handled correctly and in accordance with any applicable Standard, our instructions and recommendations are only for the uses they are intended. We also reserve the right to update information without prior notice to you to reflect our ongoing research and development program.
The supply of our products and services are also subject to certain terms, warranties and exclusions, which may have already been disclosed to you in prior dealings or are otherwise available to you on request you should make yourself familiar with them.
DISPOSAL / SPILLAGE
Spillage of any of the component products should be absorbed onto sand or other inert materials and transferred to a suitable disposable vessel. Disposal of such spillage or empty packaging should be in accordance with local waste disposal authority regulations.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.