Fast Setting Dry Set Tile Adhesive Mortar
CLI Tile Glue RP 100 is a factory blend of Portland cement, sand and special chemical additives which produce an excellent, fast setting dry-set mortar. CLI Tile Glue RP 100 enables the contractor to set tile and grout within two hours so that he will have a finished installation which can be open to foot traffic in 24 hours.
CLI Tile Glue RP 100 is used as a bond coat for setting absorptive, semi-vitreous and vitreous ceramic tiles for service in residential and commercial use for both floor and wall installations. It is used in mortar bed as thin as 2.5mm after the tiles have been properly embedded. CLI Tile Glue RP 100 has excellent water and impact resistance, is water cleanable, non-flammable, good for exterior work and requires no soaking of tiles. CLI Tile Glue mortar is not affected by prolonged contact with water, but does not form a waterproof barrier. CLI Tile Glue RP 100 provides a permanent installation with higher bond strength, and lower material and labor cost than conventional Portland cement mortar beds.
• Pre-packed product requiring only direct mixing at site
• High bond strength. Ideal for vertical / horizontal applications of granite, marble, etc.
• Excellent grab during open time
• Quick fixing, reduces labour costs
• Can be used in the interior and exterior of buildings
• Suitable backings, when properly prepared, include plumb and true masonry concrete, cured Portland cement mortar beds, bricks, unglazed ceramic tiles, and marble.
• Ensure that tiling surface is clean, dry, structurally sound, free of all grease, oil, dirt, dust, curing compounds, sealer, coatings, efflorescence, old adhesive residues and any other foreign matter. cleaning may be accomplished via mechanical sanding, scraping, or chipping.
• Roughen smooth steel troweled concrete floors to ensure a good bond. It is advisable to dampen dry porous concrete before installing tiles with CLI Tile Glue mortar. Do not leave puddles or standing water on surfaces.
• Ensure that temperatures ranges between 4 OC - 38 OC .
• For ceramic tile substrates the surface must be prepared in accordance with the requirements for cementitious surfaces. It is also necessary to abrade the surface to ensure proper bonding.
• Expansion joints shall be installed in accordance with local building codes. Expansion joints, control joints and cold joints shall never be bridged with setting material.
• Add CLI Tile Glue RP 100 to clean, potable water in the ratio of 3 : 1 by volume. Mix thoroughly until smooth mortar consistency is achieved.
• If a mechanical mixer is used, do not use a high speed drill to mix mortar. Mix only enough mortar that can be used within 30 minutes. The proper mortar consistency is such that when applied with a notched trowel to the substrate, the ridges formed in the mortar will not flow or slump. Some stiffening of the mortar may occur prior to 30 minutes; re-stir occasionally. If after 30 minutes the material becomes hardened, do not add water, but discard the material.
• Spread mortar with flat side of trowel to key-in substrate; then, apply additional mortar to a depth sufficient to be notched with a suitable trowel that will leave only enough mortar to give 100% contact with back of tile and a subsequent mortar bed of 2.4mm to 4.8mm.
• With high lug tiles, “back buttering” may be required to ensure 100% coverage to back of tiles.
• During the setting of tile, it is advisable to occasionally remove a tile, to ensure good transfer of mortar to tile and for proper alignment. Do not adjust tiles in mortar after they have been set past 10-15 minutes.
• CLI Tile Glue rp 100 must not be applied directly over wood, asphalt sheeting, vinyl covered wall board, cement asbestos board, metal, glass, plastic, or gypsum mortar beds.
• Apply in temperature ranges above 4 0C (Do not allow mortar to freeze for the first 72 hours). Lower temperatures may require longer set time before traffic is allowed.
• Some green or red marbles may warp when installed with setting materials containing water causing loss of bond and/or damage to the finish.
Powder consist of Portland cement, graded sand, organic and inorganic chemicals
Bulk Density, kg/m3
1650 kg m3 approx
Shear Bond Strength Kg/ Cm2,
• 2 hrs
• 4 hrs
• 24 hrs
Setting time, Minute
30 – 35
Water is all that is needed to remove uncured mortar.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of dust.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice.Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 25 kg bag.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Keep in a cool and dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 9 Months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.