BONDING ADMIXTURE FOR ADHESION & REPAIRS OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
CLI SBR - 41Cis a carboxylated styrene butadiene copolymer latex admixture that is designed as an integral adhesive for slurry bond coats, mortars and concrete to improve strength and weather resistance.
• Withstands chloride ion diffusion & sulphate/CO2 attack due to marine or industrial weather.
• Improves bond strengths to hardened concrete.
• Dense, impermeable, mortar for column & beam repairs.
• Reduces rate of corrosion while applied on steel bars.
• Reduces cracking through increased mortar flexural strength.
• Increases mortar wear resistance under rubber wheeled traffic.
• Increases mortar tensile strength.
• Toppings, patches and leveling courses on concrete structured members.
• Thin sets, terrazzo, stucco and bonding slurries.
• General reconstruction work and latex modified overlays.
• Passivating coat on reinforcement.
• Ensure that concrete is 3 days old if CLI SBR - 41C is used as a slurry bond coat. Do not place slurry coat on standing water.
• Ensure that the concrete is clean and rough. Remove all oil, dirt, debris, paint and unsound concrete.
• The surface must be prepared mechanically using a scabbler, bush hammer, shot blast or scarifier which will give a surface profile of a minimum 3 mm and expose the large aggregate of the concrete.
• Use vacuum cleaner or pressure washing to ensure thorough cleaning and removal of all residue.
• Ensure all concrete possess an open surface texture with all curing compounds and sealers removed.
• Pre-wet all areas to reduce moisture loss. Do not place product on standing water.
• For bonding toppings with this product, CLI strongly recommends using a slurry coat rather than using this product as a primer by itself.
• Prime all prepared surface areas with a slurry coat before applying the topping.
• Follow mixing using drill machine fitted with paddle or small mixer machine. Place the topping on the slurry coat before the slurry coat dries out.
• Slurry Application: Spread the slurry with a stiff bristle broom until the suggested coverage rate is achieved.
• Topping Application: For patching, spread with a trowel, come-a-long, or a square tipped shovel to a thickness that matches the surrounding concrete. Finish by hand trowelling.
• On large floor areas, use screed strips as guides in combination with vibratory screeding to level. Compact and finish by hand or machine trowel.
• Proper curing procedures are important to ensure the durability and quality of the repair or over layment. To prevent surface cracking, a moist cure should be maintained for 24 hours, upto 3 days.
• Structural repairs for columns & beams can be executed using polymer mortar. This is a dry pack method to build up the spalled areas of the cover zone concrete and has high compressive and tensile strengths.
Milky white liquid
% Solid Content
42 % + or - 2
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Use goggles and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with warm soap water after application.
• Clean all tools immediately after use with clean water. Do not allow material to harden.
Available in 5 L, 20 L & 200 L drum.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 9 months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.