Two Component Epoxy Bonding Adhesive / Primer for Concrete
CLI N 18 is a 100 % reactive, two component material designed as a moisture insensitive adhesive and primer for bonding old concrete with new concrete.
• More flexible than high modulus systems to take additional movement.
• Excellent adhesive for bonding together concrete, steel, or wood materials.
• Bonds fresh concrete toppings to harden old concrete slabs.
• Protects concrete substances against chemical attack including most acids and caustics.
• May be extended with sand or aggregate for thick applications and mortar repairs.
• Designed for use at temperatures of 10 degrees and above.
• Bonding old concrete with new concrete / flooring.
• Priming, Sealing.
• Bonding Toppings.
• General Adhesive.
• Floor and Joint.
• Ensure that concrete surface is clean, sound, rough and is free from any standing water, oil, dirt, debris, paint, unsound concrete or other contaminants.
• Ensure that temperature is in the range of 16 degrees C – 32 degrees C.
• Mix Comp B (Resin) to Comp A (Hardener) – not the reverse - for 2-3 minutes using drill and mixing prop.
• Apply CLI N 18 by roller, squeegee or airless sprayer in a uniform fashion. Do not allow the material to puddle. Extremely porous surfaces may require a second coat for proper ultimate performance.
• CLI N 18 can be used as moisture insensitive primer where the concrete moisture is between 5 – 7 % .
Theoretical Coverage, grm/m2/coat
• As primer
• As Bonding Agent
200 - 250
250 - 300
Water Absorption, %
DFT in microns
CLEANING & MAINTENANCE
Clean all tools immediately after use with Xylene. Do no allow the material to harden.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Use mask, nose cover and hand gloves during application.
• Clean hands with soap water after application.
• Avoid contact with skin / eyes. In case of unlikely contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and lukewarm water and seek medical advice.
• Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• Prevent swallowing. In case of unlikely swallowing, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
Available in 2 kg x 10 kg carton box.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in a cool dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 9 months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.