TWO COMPONENT POLYURETHANE SEALANT
Sealants are used to seal joints and openings (gaps) between two or more substrates, and are a critical component for building design and construction. The main purpose of sealants is to prevent air, water, and other environmental elements from entering or exiting a structure while permitting limited movement of the substrates.PolySeal S - 11C is a coal tar free modified two part polyurethane sealant which cures to form a durable, flexible, watertight bond with most building materials and is capable of accommodating, dynamic joint movement. It is available in two forms : Gun Grade (GG) and Pouring Grade (PG).
• Cold Applied – no heating required.
• Coal tar free.
• High movement accommodation.
• Excellent workability, easy to use.
• High performance.
• Fuel, oil and hydraulic fluid resistance.
• Air-field runways
• Bridge decks
• Docks and harbors
• Parking and Cargo areas
• Ensure that all joints are completely dry and free from all traces of dirt, dust, grease, any previous sealants and foreign matter.
• Clean thoroughly the surface by wire brushing, either hand or machine operated, grit blasting or grinding.
• Ensure dried and cleaned bonding surface in all joints to be sealed. Preferably, all joints should be parallel and straight for better sealing.
• Repair spilled joint should be repaired with appropriate material, such as epoxy mortar.
• Place into the base of the joint breaker or back up material to form correct cross section for joint sealant and to prevent the sealant bonding to the base of the joint.
• Prime the sealing slot surface with CLI Penetration Primer using clean dried brush.
• Apply PolySeal S-12C within 0.5 – 2 hr of application of primer, depending on climatic condition, when the primer is just touch dry and not when the primer is dried completely.
• If the primer is dried completely or left overnight without applying sealant then remove dried primer by grit blasting and reapply.
• Add Component A (Resin) in Component B (Hardener) and mix thoroughly for 5 mins, until homogenous mix is achieved, using a slow speed drill (400 – 500 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle.
• Apply PolySeal S - 12C by pouring or by gun.
• PolySeal S-12C can accommodate large continual cyclic movements. However joint spacing shall be taken into consideration for optimum performance.
• Width of joints depends very much on the spacing between joints and designed to ensure total movement does not exceed MAF 25%. In areas subjected to traffic, a maximum joint width of 30 mm is recommended, with a recess of 5 mm below flush.
• Sealant depth should not exceed joint width. A width : depth ratio of 1 : 1 to 1.5 : 1 subject to a minimum 10 mm depth of sealants is recommended.
• Pot life is approximately 2 – 3 hr at 23ºC . However, the application time and rate of cure will depend upon the temperature of sealant and the ambient temperature at the time of application.
• At higher temperature, the rate of cure will be faster. Final cure, when full working properties are developed, occurs within two days at 25ºC although the sealant will normally bear traffic with 24 hours of application.
• Low temperatures retard cure. Do not apply when the temperature is below 5ºC.
Viscous grey liquid
Grey resin, with colourless hardener
Solid Contents, % by mass
Hardener Shore ‘A’ @ 25ºC
15 ± 2
Pot life @ 23ºC, hr
2 - 3
Tack free setting time, @ 35ºC, hr
16 - 24
Butt Joints, %
22 ± 3
Setting Time, hr, 35ºC
Application Temperature, ºC
> 5 < 40
L / rmt
10 x 10
13 x 13
15 x 15
20 x 15
20 x 20
25 x 20
25 x 25
30 x 25
HEALTH & SAFETY
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately - do not induce vomiting.
Available in 3 units 3 L consisting of Comp A 2.4 L and Comp B 0.6 L.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Store in properly ventilated room at a maximum temperature of 25 ºC. Storage above this temperature may reduce the shelf life. The shelf life of product is 12 Months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.