TWO COMPONENT POLYSULPHIDE GUN GRADE SEALANT
PolySeal S - 11C is based on liquid polysulphide polymers, which adhere to most of basic civil engineering materials like cementitious substrates, aluminium, glass, wood, mild steel etc. The product is used for sealing expansion joints, door-window surrounding joints & floor concrete to wall masonry separation joints etc. After mixing the base component & curing agent in given proportion rubber like material is formed. It conforms to BS 5212: 1990 Part I - Type F and Type FB (Flame and Fuel Resistance). Also complies IS 12118 Part 1 – 1987.
• Excellent UV resistance after full cure is over.
• Can withstand in fully submerged condition.
• Good chemical & water resistance.
• Adhesion compatible to most of substrate.
• Suitable for potable water after full cure.
• Very high thermal flexibility.
• Very high service life.
•Flame and Fuel Resistance.
• Vertical & Overhead expansion joints in Industrial, commercial or residential buildings.
• Joints in concrete roads bridges, subways, flyovers & airport runway.
• Joints between plastered masonry walls & aluminum door/window section sides.
• Concrete cracks repairs in slab.
• Joints in water retaining structures like water tank, swimming pool, aqueducts, dams, canals & reservoirs.
• Atomic nuclear power station reactor domes.
• Joints between pipe lines.
• Roof light joints.
• Surface should be fully dry, clean and free from dust, laitance, oil and grease etc.
• Clean with sand paper & wire brush, then dust and foreign particles to be removed.
Subsequently use masking tape at floor level beside both sides to get sharp edged neat and clean joint. • Avoid adhesion of spill-over material beside the joint. S - Use polyurethane Foam (PUF) strips (equivalent) in expansion, construction & control joints as back up material to avoid 3-face adhesion and to avoid contact between joint forming board & sealant.
• Use of primer on vertical side faces of the joint is optional to ensure strong bonding between substrate and sealant. Primer must be recommended for old concrete.
• Sealant application should start after 30 minutes but not later than 2 hours after priming the surface.
• The Base and Accelerator compounds are packed in pre-weighed quantity as per the mixing ratio.
• Mix the material of individual container.
• Transfer entire quantity of Accelerator to the base compound and mix it thoroughly to a uniform and homogeneous Grey colour.
• Mixing can be done manually with spatula/palette knife or special flat stirrer attached to a low speed electric mixer less than 500 rpm.
Finish the joint in concave shape by using wooden batten soaked in soap water or white spirit from time to time. Remove masking tape within 30 minutes before setting of sealant. Clean tools and tackles using solvent like Xylene etc.
Pot Life, 25ºC
Minimum 2 hrs
Solid Contents, %
97 - 100
- 40 -85
Application Temperature, ºC
5 - 50
Theoretical Coverage, rm, grm
55 For 2.5 mm x 12.5 mm
Shore A Hardness
22 ± 3
Setting Time, hr, 35ºC
1.60 – 1.70
Movement Accommodation Factor, %
• Butt Joints
• Lap Joints
Upto 8 days in tropical conditions
- 40ºC to 85ºC
HEALTH & SAFETY
• PolySeal S - 11C and primer may cause sensitization by inhalation and skin contact.
• Wear suitable clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. Barrier creams provide additional skin protection.
• Any skin contact occurs; remove immediately with a resin removing cream, followed by soap and water. Do not use solvent.
• In case of contacts with eyes, rinse with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice. Use only in ventilated areas.
• Fire: Primer is flammable. Do not expose flames or other sources of ignition. No smoking. Containers should be tightly sealed when not in use. In the event of fire, extinguish with carbondioxide or foam.
Available in 4 kg Container packed 16 kg carton.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Keep in a cool and dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 12 Months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.