TWO COMPONENT PRIMER FOR POLYSULPHIDE / POLYURETHANE SEALANTS
Sealants are used to seal joints and openings (gaps) between two or more substrates, and are a critical component for building design and construction. The main purpose of sealants is to prevent air, water, and other environmental elements from entering or exiting a structure while permitting limited movement of the substrates. PolySeal P - 11 is a two component epoxy system with adhesion promoting ingredients. The low viscosity primer facilitates proper bonding of sealants with concrete, steel surface, aluminium and glass.
• Low viscosity and easy to apply.
• High penetration to concrete surface.
• High wetting property for non porous surface.
• Concrete joints
• Aluminium / steel to concrete gaps
• Glass - Aluminium cavity
• Ensure that the surface is sound, free from dust, laitance and other contaminants.
• Ensure thorough surface preparation, preferably by mechanically scarifying, grit / sand blasting, and removing of all laitance, loose particles and contaminants.
• Remove oil / grease etc by using 60 grit sand paper and roughen the surface to a 3-4 mill profile. Mechanical method may also be followed.
• Add the entire contents of the Component B to Component A and mix thoroughly for 3 minutes using a slow speed drill ( 400 - 500 rpm) fitted with a suitable mixing paddle till homogeneous mix is achieved.
• Apply the mix onto the surface using a brush or roller.
• Allow it to dry for 30 minutes, when tacky, apply Sealant – Polysulphide or Polyurethane - on the primed surface.
• If the sealant is not applied on the primed surface (while primed surface is tack free), re-prime is mandatory before use the sealant.
• Component A
• Component B
1 : 1
Application Temperature, ºC
10 - 50
Theoretical Coverage, m2/L
• On Concrete Surface
• On Metal Surface
Mixed Density, g/cc
0.94 ±0.0 2
RH at Application Time
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Avoid swallowing and contact with skin / eyes. If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
• In the unlikely event of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water and then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection during application.
• In the unlikely event of fire, use carbon-di-oxide or dry powder to extinguish fire.
Available in 500 ml container consisting of component A 250 ml and component B 250 ml.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Keep in a cool and dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 12 Months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.