PolySeal EP - 11C is a two component, semi-rigid epoxy for filling control and construction joints in industrial concrete floors. This product supports the joint edges and reduces spalling of the edges caused by wheel traffic. PolySeal EP - 11C has been designed for use under ACI 302, Section 4.10 recommendations for epoxy joint fillers.
• Semi-flexible formula that allows for limited temperature and humidity movement of concrete.
• Tough performance reduces floor joint repairs and maintenance.
• Suitable for filling cracks in older floors to reduce the rate of deterioration
SPECIFICATIONS / COMPLIANCEPolySeal EP - 11C is a semi flexible joint filler designed to comply with ACI 302 recommendations regarding control and construction joints.
• Concrete construction and control joints in industrial floors
• Crack filler repair for old floors.
• Ensure that the groove to be treated is free from oil, grease, paints or any other contamination.
• Any dust or loose particles has to be removed by air pressure or by any other suitable method.
• Grooves should be clean and dry prior to the application of PolySeal EP - 11C.
• Masking tape has to be applied near the edge of the groove to get a straight neat finish.
• Mix component A and Component B separately. If settling is observed in the Comp A and Comp B, loosen the settled material with the help of hand stirrer followed by power driven stirrer for quick homogeneous mixing. Mix Comp B gradually into the Comp A under continuous stirring.
• After ensuring a homogeneous mix, pour the mixed material into the groove.
• Joints should be overfilled and immediately cut with a razor knife or ground flush with the floor. If PolySeal EP - 11C has completely hardened, a heat flame may be used to soften the material for easier removal.
• PolySeal EP - 11C requires no special curing instructions. The product will cure within 24 hrs of placement @ 21 ºC. Lower temperature will slow the curing rate.
Pot Life at 24 ºC, minute
Compressive Strength, 72 hrs
Elongation, 7 days
Water Absorption after 72 hrs immersion
Shore A Hardness
Tack free time @ 24 ºC, hrs
Tensile Strength, 7 days
Chemical Resistance after 72 hrs, 24 ºC
• CaCl2 (10%)
• Caustic (10%)
• Muriatic Acid (10%)
Tools, equipment and general clean-up can be done with Xylene or Toluene.
• Based on ACI 302 recommendations, epoxy joint filler should be applied 3 to 6 months after construction,
the later the better.
• Do not use PolySeal EP - 11C as an expansion joint sealant.
• Use only at temperature above 4 ºC .
• Contact surfaces must be cleaned and dry.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• The product should not come in contact with the skin and eyes, or be swallowed.
• Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapours as some people are sensitive to resins, hardeners and solvents.
• Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
• In case of contact with skin, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area.
• In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
• If swallowed seek medical attention immediately - do not induce vomiting.
Available in 1 and half kg Unit contains both hardener and resin packed in 12 kg carton.
STORAGE AND SHELF LIFE
Keep in a cool and dry place under shed away from heat. The shelf life of product is 12 Months in original unopened sealed condition.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Sold subject to the Company's conditions of sale which are available on request.
The information supplied in this datasheet is based upon extensive experience and is given in good faith in order to help you. Our Company policy is one of continuous Research and Development; we therefore reserve the right to update this information at any time without prior notice. We also guarantee the consistent high quality of our products; however as we have no control over site conditions or the execution of the work, we accept no liability for any loss or damage which may arise as a result thereof.